Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meme: Get to know me better!

Saw this meme on Ramya's blog where in a fellow blogger asks you a few questions about yourself and you answer them on your blog... Sounded really fun and Ramya was very quick in sending me these questions :) Am sure she put in a lot of thought to come up with these nice ones! So here goes...



1.What is your most vivid memory from your childhood? One incident that stands out?
I can hardly remember things till I was about 5. The most vivid memory is when I travelled on a flight for the first time with my mom to visit my dad in Assam :) I was just about 5 or 6years old then and it was an eventful flight!


2. If you could meet one author in your life (dead/alive) who would it be? Where would you meet him/her?
Would like to meet Vladimir Nabakov and ask him why did he write Lolita, and what was he thinking?!!! That's one book which has made be feel disgusted to the core and driven me nuts...


3. What is one of your favorite non-bookish activity?
Music. I love music...listening as well as singing and all kinds of genres. It gives a joy of its own kind!


4. The year is 2015 and a book is published. The author - Pratima Jayaram. What is the book about?
Hmmm...I dont want to let the cat out of the bag right now! You gotta wait and watch ;-)

Well, on a serious note, I gave it a lot of thought and am really not sure what it's going to be, even if I decide to become an author some day. I know for sure that I wont be writing fiction, coz thats not my cup of tea! It could probably be something on health/fitness/yoga/running or even entrepreneurship (if I become an entrepreneur by then! :) )


5. If you had to pick ONE book from all the books that you have read, which ONE would you pick as the best?
This is a tough one! I feel it's really unfair to pick one book as the best 'coz each book is so unique and a different experience in itself. Am sure even Ramya agrees with me on this! :) But still I'll try to choose one among the entire set that I have read so far. It would probably be 'The Kite Runner' in Fiction and "The Last Lecture (Randy Pausch) in non-fiction.

Thanks for the questions Ramya! :)

If you want to play along, leave a comment here saying “interview me.” Please be sure to include your email address in your profile or in your response. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.) You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions..

No comments: