Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bookish Quote of the Week: #1

We come across a lot of quotes related to books in the books we read, in websites, newspapers etc etc and some of these leave a mark on you, long after you've read them. These quotes could be just 1 or 2 lines but some have inspired me a LOT to start reading and start appreciating books in a different way! I love reading new quotes and there's something new and inspiring in each one of it! So I thought, why not share the good ones, here on my blog, once a week. Maybe it might inspire one of you, like it happened to me :)


Here's one for today -

"It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish."
- S.I. Hayakawa


Isn't this so true? I've read some books where I've got so involved into the character and felt like I've that life myself, experiencing the emotions, feeling the joy and pain of the character thru out the book! What do you think? Have you had such experiences reading any books?

No comments: